To avoid the many healthy eating pitfalls that can come with Labor Day celebrations (social distanced of course!), here are a few recipes that are full of flavor and won’t derail you!
- For a BBQ:
- Veggie Burgers and hot dogs
- Grilled vegetables (like these grilled cauliflower steaks)
- Tofu steaks
- Pulled “Pork” Jackfruit Sandwiches
- Everyone loves a veggie platter
- Plan on having a Labor Day Taco Party??
- Quinoa Taco Meat
- Vegan Black Bean Tacos with Avocado Cream
- Healthy Vegan Taco Filling
- Roasted Cauliflower Tacos
- Cashew Sour Cream
- Green Rice
- Ready for a Picnic??
- Vegan Picnic Potato Salad
- Chickpea Of The Sea Tuna Salad Sandwich
- Penne Pasta Salad
- Tofurky sandwich slices for a sub sandwich
- Garden fresh salad
If these options don’t sound like they may be for everyone and you’re hosting a gathering that will include a mix of guests — those who eat meat and those who prefer plant-based alternatives — don’t feel the need to have an entire menu for both.
Remember, all you need is a few options that you can pull together with your traditional menu in order to make sure everyone at the get-together is well-fed.
Don’t make a big deal out of it; just have meatless options alongside the traditional versions, there might be meat-eaters who are excited to try some of the plant-based options, too.